Capital and Service Plans
Capital Needs Forecast
The ten-year Capital Needs Forecast provides information about the scale and scope of Metro's unconstrained state of good repair and modernization needs and insight to support the capital planning, prioritization and programming process.
2019 Capital Needs Forecast
2016 Capital Needs Inventory and Prioritization
- New Carrollton Eastside Joint Development
- Grosvenor Garage Modification
- Blue Orange Silver Capacity & Reliability Study
- Metrorail Heavy Repair and Overhaul Facility in Landover, Maryland.
- Proposed Reconstruction of Metro's Bladensburg Bus Garage
Metro is defining and advancing a new vision for a family of bus services throughout the region including service integration, operations improvements, running way improvements, bus stop facilities, and customer information.
Metro is committed to increasing and improving access to its Metrorail stations. This includes facilitating easy bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular access to station areas, planning for additional entrances to rail stations, and working with local jurisdictions to encourage and enable quality development opportunities around our stations.
District of Columbia
- NoMa Pedestrian Tunnel Feasibility Study (21.3 MB)
- Anacostia Station: Joint Development and Station Access - Final Report January 2016
- Farragut North and Farragut West Improvement Concepts - February 2015
- Farragut North-Farragut West Station Capacity Study - Final Report February 2015 (57.96 MB)
- Tenleytown-AU Station Access Study 2016 (77.4 MB)
- Van Dorn Street Metro Area Bike and Pedestrian Access Improvement Study - Final Report October 2015 (85.2 MB)
- Braddock Road Metrorail Station: Joint Development Analysis - March 2016