Capital and Service Plans
Capital Needs Inventory and Prioritization
In November 2016, Metro completed the 10-Year Capital Needs Inventory and Prioritization (CNI), which identified Metro's unconstrained capital needs from 2017 through 2026 to advance or maintain a State of Good Repair (SGR), meet regulatory compliance, and invest in safety and other critical system enhancements.
Metro is defining and advancing a new vision for a family of bus services throughout the region including service integration, operations improvements, running way improvements, bus stop facilities, and customer information.
Metro is committed to increasing and improving access to its Metrorail stations. This includes facilitating easy bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular access to station areas, planning for additional entrances to rail stations, and working with local jurisdictions to encourage and enable quality development opportunities around our stations.
District of Columbia
- NoMa Pedestrian Tunnel Feasibility Study (21.3 MB)
- Anacostia Station: Joint Development and Station Access - Final Report January 2016 (15.5 MB)
- Farragut North and Farragut West Improvement Concepts - February 2015 (7.34 MB)
- Farragut North-Farragut West Station Capacity Study - Final Report February 2015 (57.96 MB)
- Tenleytown-AU Station Access Study 2016 (77.4 MB)
- Van Dorn Street Metro Area Bike and Pedestrian Access Improvement Study - Final Report October 2015 (85.2 MB)