Grosvenor-Strathmore Joint Development
The Strathmore Square joint development will create a mixed-use development to transform the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station into a 2.2 million square foot, primarily residential mixed-use development that incorporates open space, public transit, incredible views, and arts and culture. Learn more about this development.
In 2018, Metro and Fivesquares JDA at Grosvenor Metro, LLC (Fivesquares) entered into a joint development agreement to develop Metro's property at the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station in the North Bethesda area of Montgomery County, Maryland.
- Transform the Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro Station into a 2.2 million square foot arts-focused residential community that inspires engaged, healthy living with Strathmore Center, Rock Creek Park and Metro, at the center
- A central civic green will include an outdoor stage, kiosks, play areas, and garden spaces for programming, festivals and gatherings
- Improved pedestrian and bicycle access to the station with enhanced facilities within the site, including a new Bike & Ride facility
- The first residential building over a below-grade parking structure will offer 220 apartments, including 33 dwelling units and up to 9,000 sf of ground floor retail space
TimelinePhase 1 (Upcoming):
- Surface lot closes (July 11, 2022)
- Multifamily Residential Buildings breaking ground 2022
- Central Park construction begins 2023
- Central Park opening 2025
- First Retail / Cultural ground floor tenants open 2025
- Additional Multifamily Residential Building breaking ground 2025