Metro Fare Basics
Use Metro's Trip Planner to calculate fares and to determine the best way to travel (rail, bus, or both).
Each passenger must pay a fare; however, two children under age five may travel free with a paying passenger.
- SmarTrip® cards are used to pay fares on both Metrorail and Metrobus.
- Metrorail fares are variable depending on time-of-day and distance traveled.
- Regular (non-express) bus fares are the same throughout the system.
- Metrobus also accepts bills and coins.
Save Time and Money with a SmarTrip® Card
- Get Free/Discounted Transfers: With a SmarTrip® card, Metrobus transfers are free and Metrobus-to-Metrorail transfers are discounted.
- Avoid Carrying Change: Exact change is required on Metrobus if the fare is paid in cash.
- Save on a One Day Unlimited Metrorail Pass: A SmarTrip® card with a pre-loaded Metrorail One Day Pass is less expensive when purchased online.
- If you live in the US, consider purchasing a SmarTrip® card online 10 business days before you travel.
- SmarTrip® cards are also available at Metrorail vending machines, authorized retailers and Metro sales offices.
Metro operates parking facilities at 42 Metrorail stations.
- Parking is free at Metro-operated lots on Sundays and federal holidays, except during special events. On most weekends, it's easy to find a space at Metro parking lots.
- Parking fees are collected during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Metro-operated lots accept SmarTrip® cards and major credit cards to pay for parking.
- There is no discount for group sales. However, as a convenience, groups may order SmarTrip® cards by mail tailored to the group's needs.
- Use Metro's Trip Planner to calculate fares and determine which fare or pass products will suit your needs.
Include the following with your order:
- Your name, address and contact information.
- The type and quantity of each product, e.g., 15 SmarTrip® One Day Metrorail Passes.
- Your organization's check, cashier's check or money order made payable to WMATA. (Credit cards and personal checks are not accepted for group sales.)
Mail your order to:Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
3301 Eisenhower Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22314
Note: This is a mailing address only and is not a walk up customer service location.
Your order will be shipped via the U.S. Postal Service, Certified Mail. Allow 10-15 business days for delivery. You may also call Bulk Sales at 202-962-5700 for assistance.
The SmarTrip® card is a permanent, rechargeable farecard that is safe and easy to use. Learn more
Buy SmarTrip® cards online, at any Metrorail station, or at many convenient locations. You can set up an online SmarTrip® account to view your card balance and usage history, and register new cards. Once you've purchased and registered a SmarTrip® card, add value or passes automatically by setting up Auto Reload. Learn more
If you have questions or comments about SmarTrip®, please call:
7 am - 8 pm Mon-Fri