Proposed Parking and Bus Bay Changes at West Falls Church Station
Metro is proposing changes to commuter parking and bus facilities at West Falls Church Station. The proposed changes would allow Metro and its private development partner to move forward with redevelopment plans, including future mixed-use development and transit facility modernization.
Proposed changes to the site include:
- Eliminating the south surface parking lot, thereby reducing the total number of parking spaces
- Reducing the total number of bus bays
- Reducing the capacity of the Kiss & Ride spaces
- Eliminating or reducing hourly parking meters
Proposed changes are intended to promote transit-oriented development, increase Metro ridership, enhance bicycle and pedestrian access to the station, and modernize transit facilities.
Let Us Know What You Think
Provide written comments by 5 p.m. Monday, October 31, 2022.
Participate in a Public Hearing
Metro will host a Public Hearing on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. You can participate virtually or in person.
- To participate by phone: call 855-925-2801 during the Public Hearing and enter meeting code 4773.
- To participate via video: advance registration is required. You can reregister by emailing email@example.com by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18, 2022.
Virginia Tech Northern Virginia Center
7054 Haycock Road
Falls Church, Virginia
If you wish to provide testimony in person, we encourage you to preregister by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18, 2022. Please submit only one speaker's name per request.
Metro staff will be on-site to answer questions before the Public Hearing.
Watch or Listen Live
Public feedback will be provided to Metro's Board of Directors as part of the final decision-making process.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, disability, or family status. ASL interpretation will be provided. To request other accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other language interpretation services (free of charge), contact the Office of the Board Secretary at 202-962-2511 (TTY: 202-962-2033) or send a message to email@example.com as soon as possible, so Metro can make the necessary arrangements before the public hearing date.