Proposed Parking and Bus Bay Changes at Takoma Station
Metro proposes changes to parking and bus facilities at Takoma Station. The proposed changes would allow Metro and its private development partner to move forward with redevelopment plans, including future mixed-use development and transit facility modernization.
Proposed changes to the site include:
- Relocating the bus loop and Kiss & Ride
- Adding one drop-off only bus stop
- Removing 144 Kiss & Ride spaces
- Adding a traffic signal on Carroll Street NW at the bus loop and Kiss & Ride entrance
Proposed changes are intended to promote transit-oriented development, increase Metro ridership, and modernize transit facilities.
- Staff Report (posted 5/8/2023)