MetroAccess is a shared-ride, door-to-door, paratransit service for people whose disability prevents them from using bus or rail. If you think you may need paratransit service, see our eligibility requirements.
For details on how the MetroAccess service works:
- Read the MetroAccess Customer Guide | Listen to audio version
- Lea la Guía del cliente de MetroAccess
- Read the Essential MetroAccess Policies Brochure
- Lea el Folleto de Políticas Esenciales de MetroAccess
The Abilities-Ride program offers MetroAccess customers a new, more flexible option for travel within Maryland. Metro has partnered with Regency Taxi and Silver Cab to provide on-demand taxi services - without sharing a ride - at a discounted rate. View more details about the program.
To book or cancel trips online, you may use your MetroAccess customer ID number to log in. Your password is your 8-digit date of birth. Choose the site below:
MetroAccess customer service representatives are available during all MetroAccess operating hours. Call 301-562-5360, press 2 for trip status, and then press 2 to speak to a customer service representative (TTY 301-588-7535).
To confirm or cancel a trip, you can speak with a customer service representative or you can use our automated system. Please avoid calling to check on your ride before or during the pick-up window. Trips may be canceled with as little as two hours' notice without penalty.
Prepay Fares with MetroAccess EZ-Pay
MetroAccess EZ-Pay allows customers to prepay their fares with a credit or debit card by phone or online, or with cash, credit or debit card in person at the Metro Center Sales Office. For more information and step-by-step instructions on how to use EZ-Pay, go to MetroAccess EZ-Pay.
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2021
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2020
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2019
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2018
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2017
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2016
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2015
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2014