MetroAccess is a shared-ride, door-to-door, paratransit service for people whose disability prevents them from using bus or rail. If you think you may need paratransit service, see our eligibility requirements.
For details on how the MetroAccess service works:
- Web Booking
- Read the MetroAccess Customer Guide | Listen to audio version
- Lea la Guía del cliente de MetroAccess
- Read the Essential MetroAccess Policies Brochure
- Lea el Folleto de Políticas Esenciales de MetroAccess
Your safety is our priority!
- In case of threatening or disruptive behavior aboard the MetroAccess vehicle or in an emergency, the vehicle operator can call the Operations Control Center using a radio to request help.
- For your safety and security, MetroAccess vehicles will feature audio and video recording while carrying customers, beginning January 1, 2021.
- Recordings are used for:
- Vehicle operator support
- Safety analysis
- Claims, litigation, subrogation and similar responses
- Video access is used to:
- Aid Metro Transit Police after a call for help is made
- Enable MetroAccess management to review potential unsafe situations
- Recordings are used for:
- Quality assurance personnel monitor vehicle operations to ensure operators follow safety rules.
Safety is a shared responsibility. Help us keep MetroAccess safe by following these safety tips:
- Partner with the MetroAccess driver on safety - follow their instructions.
- Allow the driver to escort you (take their arm for balance) or walk nearby and alert you to hazards along the path of travel.
- Know your limits - bring a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) along if:
- You need someone's support when using stairs or walking to/from the vehicle.
- You do not want to be left alone at the drop-off location.
- Ensure that your personal / mechanical devices (ex. wheelchair, scooter, oxygen) operate without driver intervention.
- Keep your mobility aid in good working order.
- Be able to operate your power chair safely.
- Ensure that brakes operate as designed.
- Make sure privately-owned ramps, sidewalks, and walkways are maintained and clear of obstructions, snow and ice.
- Ambulatory customers using the lift should use hand rails for safe boarding.
All MetroAccess customers can use the “Web booking site” link below to book or cancel their trips online.
Before March 15, 2021, customers should complete the “Enrollment” process and establish a new secure password. Customers will need their MetroAccess ID number and a valid email address in order to enroll. Before enrolling, it is important that customers verify their current email address on file by clicking on the “Profile” button in the web booking system. “Enrollment” is a one-time procedure to confirm your date of birth and email address in order to receive the link to reset your password. If you have questions or need assistance with the “Enrollment” process, please contact Metro Office of Eligibility Certification and Outreach at 202-962-2700 or via email at Eligibility@wmata.com.
MetroAccess customer service representatives are available during all MetroAccess operating hours. Call 301-562-5360, press 2 for trip status, and then press 2 to speak to a customer service representative (TTY 301-588-7535).
To confirm or cancel a trip, you can speak with a customer service representative or you can use our automated system. Please avoid calling to check on your ride before or during the pick-up window. Trips may be canceled with as little as two hours' notice without penalty.
Prepay Fares with MetroAccess EZ-Pay
MetroAccess EZ-Pay allows customers to prepay their fares with a credit or debit card by phone or online, or with cash, credit or debit card in person at the Metro Center Sales Office. For more information and step-by-step instructions on how to use EZ-Pay, go to MetroAccess EZ-Pay.
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2022
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2021
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2020
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2019
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2018
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2017
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2016
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2015
- Monthly operations performance report, FY 2014