How do I
The Metro Transit Police Department offers introductory answers to frequently asked questions. Should you have any further questions contact us.
Visit our Recruiting page.
Visit the Commendation/Complaint page and fill out the form.
For questions regarding filing a police report, call MTPD communications 24 hours a day at 202-962-2121.
Visit the Harassment page and fill out the form.
In an effort to help resolve questions in reference to obtaining a MTPD police report, please use the following information to reference the options available:
- Please send a letter stating who you are, the report you are requesting, and how you relate to the report.
- A check or money order made out to "WMATA" for $5.00
- Also enclose a self-addressed and stamped envelope with the necessary postage to where you want the report sent to you via US Postage Mail.
- Please send all contents to the below address:
ATTN: MTPD Crime Analysis and Police Records
600 5th Street NW
Washington DC 20001
Please be advised, once we receive your request, it could be anywhere from 5-10 business days or more before you receive you report via the US Postal Mail.
Pick Up in Person
- Please come to the Jackson Graham Building Monday Through Friday from 8:00am till 4:00pm. The Address is 600 5th Street NW Washington DC 20001
- Prior to coming, please call 202-962-2125, to ensure your report is ready, you're listed in the report, and that it is available.
- Once you arrive, please enter through the lobby and speak with the lobby receptionist and inform her you are here to pick up a report.
- Please then use the lobby phone to contact our office and let one of the staff know what report you are here to pick up and it will be brought down to you.
- Please ensure you have a state or legal ID to pick up the report. If you do not, please contact us in advance in order for arrangements to be made.
Please note, for juveniles, only parent or legal guardian may obtain a copy of a police report involving a minor. Anyone else will need to contact the office prior to arriving to pick up a report.
You are directed to report to any Metropolitan Police District Station listed on the reverse side of your citation within 15 days and post required collateral for the listed offense. You have the option to forfeit collateral, request a date for your appearance in court or mail a copy of your ticket and a check or money order (Payable to "DC Treasurer") to:
Metro Transit Police Department
600 5th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Failure to deposit collateral within 15 days from the date you received your citation will cause this matter to be presented to the DC Superior Court and will result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest. For further questions, call Officer Joseph Kelly at 202-962-2173.
For questions regarding parking tickets received on your vehicle within 15 days of receipt, call Officer Lorenzo Smalls at 202-962-2193.
Call MTPD communications 24 hours a day at 202-962-2121.
The MTPD has procedures to retain, safeguard, and eventually dispose of evidence and prisoner property. To have this property released back to you, follow the below procedures:
For any other property questions or if you are unsure of the status of your property, call Officer Charles Ullmann at 202-962-2134.
It is the policy of the MTPD to provide a patrol observation program, permitting interested persons to accompany members performing their duties and thereby providing a realistic view of the responsibilities of a Metro Transit Police patrol officer. Participation is limited to applicants who are eighteen years of age and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
To schedule or get more information, contact Sergeant Brian Baker at 202-962-1471, or at 202-962-2696, or by email at BBaker@wmata.com.
Due to security concerns, the Metro Transit Police departmental patch is not distributed to the public.
Contact Us page.