- Minimum age to apply is 20 years and 9 months. MTPD does not have a maximum age requirement.
- United States citizen
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a Valid Drivers License. You will not be allowed to test without a valid driver's license, permits do not qualify.
- Must be able to pass the physical agility test (see physical agility test requirements).
- Must not have been convicted of a Felony or serious misdemeanor.
- If served in the military, you must have a honorable discharge.
- No recent experimentation with drugs
*If you have any questions regarding the eligibility requirements, please contact a Recruiter at 202-962-1280 or email@example.com
If you meet the minimum requirements, you will undergo a thorough background investigation which includes:
- Driving History
- Credit History
- Criminal History
- Employment History
- Oral Board Interview
- Truth verification test
- Psychological evaluation,/li>
- Medical examination
Physical Agility Test
Applicants must complete the Physical Agility Test to proceed in the selection process. The Physical Agility Test will consist of four events which include: a 1.5 mile run, 300 meter sprint, a push up event, and a sit up event. Each recruit officer must successfully pass each event to move forward in the hiring process. The required minimum standard for each event will be the same requirement for all ages and genders.
- Completing 12 push-ups in one minute
- Completing 23 sit ups in one minute
- Completing a 300 meter run in 81 seconds
- Completing a 1 ½ mile run in 17:54