Back2Good Progress | February 2018
Best railcar performance in eight years achieved in 2017, with customer offloads down 40%.
- Nearly 500 new 7000-series railcars now in service - that's more than 40% of Metro's active rail fleet.
Almost half of the 5000-series railcars are off the tracks, and ALL 1000- and 4000-series are gone.
Metrobus achieved 81% on time performance in January 2018, its highest in three years.
- 202 new MetroAccess vehicles in 2017 - replacing older vehicles and expanding the fleet.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Serious crime on Metrorail and Metrobus at lowest level in more than a decade, down 19% last year:
- Aggravated assaults down 27%
- Robberies down 18%
- Snatch/pickpocket incidents down 27%
- Three National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) recommendations closed in January 2018 for the removal of all 1000-series railcars and improved tunnel ventilation procedures and training.
RUSH HOUR PROMISE
Since the start of Rush Hour Promise, 90% of all rush hour trips on Metrorail have arrived on time.
Metro's Rush Hour Promise has provided travel credits to registered SmarTrip users for just over 26,000 trips, less than 0.2% of all trips taken on Metrorail.
- Free Wi-Fi now available in 36 underground stations. All remaining underground stations will have Wi-Fi later this year.
- Saved $3 million in overtime and sick leave pay in 2017, and reduced long-term leave by 30%.
- On track to achieve $1 billion capital investment in safety and reliability for the second year in a row.
- Pursuing cost savings through contracting new services at Cinder Bed Road bus facility, parts inventory and warehousing, and operating and maintaining the Silver Line extension.