Back2Good Progress | September 2018
- Railcar performance is now highest in 8 years. Our cars travel more than 100,000 miles on average between a problem resulting in a delay.
- New rail preventive maintenance programs have cut infrastructure-related disruptions in half.
Rail fire incidents down nearly 40% in the past year.
Free customer Wi-Fi now available in all underground stations.
- Work to install cellular service in all underground tunnels continues.
Brighter stations are coming. Work is underway to "relamp" all underground stations with brighter LED bulbs, improving safety and saving money.
RUSH HOUR PROMISE
88% of all Metrorail rush-hour trips have arrived on-time since the start of Rush Hour Promise in January.
Keeping our promise: 235,000 trip credits have been delivered to customers who were delayed 15 minutes or more, less than 0.2% of all trips taken on Metrorail.
- Register your SmarTrip card at wmata.com to be eligible for the Rush Hour Promise.
- Bus on-time performance improved to its best year-to-date performance since reporting began in 2010 (79%).
- Improved capital program management to spend more than 99% of the FY18 capital budget - that's more than $1.24 billion invested in system safety and reliability.
- Two major capital projects completed this summer:
- Rebuilt track infrastructure at the tightest curve, outside McPherson Square on the Blue/Orange/Silver lines.
- Completed structural repairs & improved platform boarding for customers at Rhode Island Ave Station