Back2Good Progress | May 2018
- Rail customer satisfaction on the rise: With Metrorail on-time performance now at 88%, customer satisfaction reached 76% in the third quarter of this fiscal year, compared with 69% last year.
- Old, unreliable railcars are off the track: 85% of 5000-series taken out of service, and all 1000- and 4000-series railcars are gone.
- Better railcars = better service: Railcar offloads down 60 percent compared to two years ago.
- Metrobus on-time performance at 79 percent: Best third quarter since reporting began in 2010.
- MetroAccess on-time performance at 92 percent.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Completed power cable safety upgrade: Installed protective sealing sleeves on all 9,454 power cable connectors in the Metrorail system as part of effort to reduce fire and smoke incidents.
- Reduced debris-related fires by nearly 20 percent due to improved track bed cleaning.
- Improving worker safety: Red signal overruns cut in half compared to last year.
RUSH HOUR PROMISE
- Since the start of Rush Hour Promise, more than 140,000 credits have been delivered to customers for trips that were delayed 15 minutes or more.
- Register your SmarTrip card at wmata.com to be eligible for the Rush Hour Promise.
- Historic dedicated funding approved for Metro: Legislation signed into law in VA, MD and DC, providing Metro with an additional $500 million in capital funding per year.
- $1.2 billion investment in safety and reliability: On track to spend 95% of capital budget in FY18.
- Metro's first preventive track maintenance program underway: By taking advantage of longer overnight work periods, crews accomplished 34 percent more work compared to two years ago.