Fiscal Year 2018 proposed fare adjustments
The following fare adjustments are all proposed by Metro and the local jurisdictions as possible solutions to help close the budget gap.
Metrorail: Standard Fares
- Increase Metrorail rush hour fare up to $0.10
- Increase Metrorail non-rush hour fare up to $0.25
Metrorail: Standard Passes
- Replace the 1-day unlimited rail pass with a new 1-day unlimited "combo" rail and bus pass for $14.75
- Eliminate the 28-Day Metrorail Pass*
- Increase the 7-Day Short-Trip Pass by $2.50 and 7-Day Fast Pass by $0.75
- Increase the monthly TransitLink Card (TLC) on MARC and VRE by $3.00 and MTA by $5.00
- Eliminate DC student 10-trip rail pass as a result of the Kids Ride Free program and the DC SmartStudent pass
* New monthly SelectPass was approved in December 2016 and is now available at multiple price points.
Metrobus: Standard Fares
- Increase regular and express Metrobus fares by $0.25
- Increase airport Metrobus fares up to $2.75
Route 5A (Dulles) from $7.00 to $9.75
Route B30 (BWI) from $7.00 to $9.00
Metrobus: Standard Passes
- Option #1: Increase the 7-day regional bus pass by $2.50 to $20.00 to correspond with other fare increases, maintaining current pricing structure of 10x regular Metrobus fare
- Option #2: Increase the 7-day regional bus pass by $0.50 to $18.00 to correspond with other fare increases but reducing the current pricing structure to 9x regular Metrobus fare
- Eliminate DC student 10-trip bus pass as a result of the Kids Ride Free program
- Increase weekday Metrorail parking fee up to $0.10
- Adjust parking prices by +/-$0.25 at up to three locations per jurisdiction. Price changes would be in addition to any approved parking fee increase and locations would be designated by the jurisdiction.*
* The District of Columbia has proposed to decrease the daily parking fee at Anacostia station by $.25 and increase the daily parking fee at Minnesota Ave and Rhode Island Ave by $.25. Other jurisdictions have not listed their choices.
- The overall fare structure for MetroAccess will remain the same - twice the fare of the fastest comparable fixed route trip.
- If the local bus fare increase from $1.75 to $2.00 is approved, the minimum MetroAccess fare will increase from $3.50 to $4.00.
- The maximum fare will remain at $6.50.