Get Certified with WMATA
Certification is the key to participation.
WMATA's certification programs, such as the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) programs, and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) enhances a small business chance of winning contracts and subcontracting opportunities, which demonstrates compliance with Federal and Local small business programs.
Our Small Business Programs
In accordance with USDOT 49 CFR Part 26, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 13 CFR Part 121, and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Program Policies, WMATA administers five small business certification programs that encourage participation in our agency's contracting opportunities.
Find out more about each program by clicking the below links
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program
- Small Business Program (SBP)
- Micro-Business Program (MBP)
How to Apply
- Register your business on Metro's vendor/supplier portal.
- Complete the application for your selected program through Metro's supplier portal.
- Complete the Personal Net Worth (PNW) Form.
- Use the checklist to ensure you have all the necessary documents to complete the application.
Once your application is submitted, a member of our Certification Team will contact you to complete the application process. Processing can take from 60 to 90 days for the completion of your certification application.
Email us with any comments, questions, or concerns: SBPOHotline@wmata.com