SafeTrack Surge #14: Green Line Surge l Greenbelt to College Park
Greenbelt to Prince George's Plaza; line segment shutdown from April 15 - April 29.
Greenbelt to College Park - U of Md; line segment shutdown from April 30-May 14.
Renewal of rail and power infrastructure on this portion of the Green and Yellow lines, including crossties, track circuit equipment and power cables.
Critical tasks completed during the surge include:
- Replaced more than 9,500 crossties
- Replaced more than 6,400 linear feet of cover boards
- Replaced more than 5,700 fasteners
- Welded more than 200 joints
- Replaced more than 2,800 insulators
- Replaced more than 3,000 linear feet of rail
- Repaired more than 80 power cables and more than 70 pigtails
SafeTrack Photo Gallery (Click on photo to view)