Bicycling Around the Region
MWCOG maintains a list of regional bike on transit policies, at Commuter Connections' Bikes & Transit page. Please check each service provider's policy page for the most up-to-date bicycle policies.
Amtrak's Bring Your Bicycle Onboard page
Virginia Railway Express (VRE): View VRE's Policy Page for more information about bikes on their trains
Maryland Commuter Trains (MARC): Only folding bicycles are allowed on MARC trains.
The following bus systems provide bicycle racks on the front of their buses:
- Fairfax Connector
- Fairfax CUE
- Arlington Transit (ART)
- Montgomery County Ride On
- DC Circulator
MTA Commuter Bus does not provide bicycle racks but allows folding bicycles on board if enclosed in a case.
Useful Links for Cyclists
- National Bike Registry
- Capital Bikeshare
- Google Bike Maps
- Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA)
- Commuter Connections' Bike Trip Planner
- Bikestation Washington DC
- District Department of Transportation's (DDOT) Bicycle Program
- MD Department of Transportation's (MDOT) Bicycle and Pedestrian Info
- VA Department of Transportation's (VDOT) Bicycling and Walking in Virginia
- VDOT Bicycle Maps