Wreaths Across America
Advisory Effective: 12/11/19 - 12/14/19
The Wreaths Across America event at Arlington National Cemetery will take place from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Metro is working to accommodate the thousands of expected attendees with regular service, additional personnel and some station operation changes.
Blue, Orange and Silver lines will operate on a regular weekend schedule (trains departing end-of-line stations every 12 minutes) Saturday.
Extra Blue Line trains will be on standby to accommodate crowds as needed.
ARLINGTON CEMETERY STATION WILL EXPERIENCE CROWDING
Arlington Cemetery Station is one of the smallest stations in the Metrorail system and will become extremely crowded before and after the event. Customers are highly encouraged to use Rosslyn and Pentagon stations instead. Arlington National Cemetery is a short walk from either station.
- Customers exiting at Rosslyn should use the cemetery's Ord & Weitzel gate by walking along the North Meade Street sidewalks.
- Customers exiting at Pentagon should use the cemetery's South Gate entrance by walking along North Rotary Road.
- During peak crowding times, Arlington Cemetery escalators will be configured as "exit only" before the event and "entry only" after the event. Customers traveling in the reverse direction will be directed to station elevators.
- Should Arlington Cemetery station become over-crowded, some trains may be instructed to bypass the station. Customers should familiarize themselves with walking directions from Rosslyn and Pentagon stations.
- Please spread out along the platform and make use of all available cars.
- Traveling with a stroller? Use the elevator, not the escalators
- Do not hold the train doors. They do not operate like elevator doors and will not automatically reopen.
- When boarding the train, step all the way into the car to make room for passengers boarding behind you.
- See something suspicious? Say something! Report suspicious activity or unattended items to Metro Transit Police. Call 202-962-2121 or text MyMTPD (696873).
- Determine your fare, use the trip planner. Each passenger must have his or her own SmarTrip card.
- Buy in advance. Skip the long lines at vending machines by loading enough value on your SmarTrip card for your entire roundtrip in advance.