Temporary Bus Stop Closure: Wheaton Station, January 23, 2023
Advisory Effective: 1/17/23 - 2/21/23
Tuesday, January 17, 2023 | Approximately 5 weeks
Updated: January, 13, 2023
Ride On Routes 4, 37, 38, 48
Due to pavement rehabilitation, five bus bays at Wheaton Station will temporarily close for approximately five weeks.
Customers may board/exit buses at temporary stops:
- Ride On 48 to Rockville Station – T1 (No change from previous phase)
- Ride On 38 to North Bethesda– T2
- Ride On 4 to Silver Spring – T3
- Ride On 37 to Potomac – T4
As a result of construction:
- Buses which use Bays G, L, M, N, and P will be temporarily relocated to other bus stops nearby. Follow posted signage.
- Parking will not be affected.
- Elevator access will not be affected.
- All buses will use the north exit of the station during construction.
- All buses traveling in the direction of Silver Spring Station will begin detouring upon leaving the station roadway and resume regular route on Georgia Ave at Veirs Mill Rd. Possible delays expected due to the temporary traffic pattern during construction.
- Work at night and on weekends is occasionally scheduled.
- All dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Be prepared for loud noises and traffic/pedestrian detours throughout construction. For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
- Vehicles parked in marked construction zones will be subject to towing. If your vehicle is towed, please call Metro Transit Police at 202-962-2121.
All dates are tentative and subject to change. This advisory will be updated throughout construction.