Temporary Stop Relocation: MDOT MTA Purple Line Construction at College Park Station Bus Loop, September 1
Advisory Effective: 9/1/19 - 6/1/22
Routes Affected: 83, 86, C8, F6, R12
Sunday, September 1, 2019 | Tuesday, June 1, 2022
Updated: Wednesday, March 17 at 2:08pm
Routes 83, 86, C8, F6 and R12 will detour due to the MDOT MTA Purple Line construction project at the College Park-U of MD Station Bus Loop. During this time the station’s bus loop will be closed, and temporary stops will be established along River Rd with signs posted indicating their locations. This closure will result in slight delays on affected lines, as buses must detour down River Rd to turn around at Haig Dr, before continuing to their destinations. When the project is complete, the station’s bus loop will be larger and feature new shelters and canopies.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Temporary bus bay assignments along River Road
- Route F6 to New Carrollton - bus bay T1
- Route R12 to Deanwood - bus bay T1
- Prince Georges The Bus route 14 to Prince Georges Plaza - bus bay T2
- Shuttle University of Maryland route 109 - bus bay T2
- Route F6 to Fort Totten - bus bay T6
- Route R12 to Greenbelt - bus bay T6
- MTA route 204 - bus bay T7
- FDA Shuttle - bus bay T7
Temporary bus bay assignments on the west side of the station
- Routes 83, 86 - bus bay T8
- Routes C8 - bus bay T9
- Prince Georges The Bus route 17 - bus bay T8
- Shuttle University of Maryland route 104 - bus bay T8
- The surface parking lot will be permanently closed effective Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.
- Bike lockers located near bus bay F will be permanently removed, however the bike and ride facility, along with rack and lockers located in the garage will remain available.