Temporary Bus Stop Relocation: Glenmont Station
Advisory Effective: 9/12/22 - 5/31/23
On September 12, 2022, Metro began replacing the glass canopies at Glenmont Station. During glass canopy construction, some bus bays will be closed and the associated bus routes will be temporarily relocated.
Routes Affected: Ride On routes 10, 26, 31, 33, 39, 41, 49, 53; Metro routes Y2, Y7, Y8, C8; FDA Shuttle to White Oak
Phase 1: From September 12, 2022 to December 27, 2022, Bus Bays A and B will be closed. Customers may board and exit buses at temporary stops:
- Ride On routes 33 (Medical Center) and 53 (Shady Grove) normally at Bus Bay A will be relocated to Bus Bay F.
- Ride On routes 26 (Montgomery Mall Transit Center), 39 (Briggs Chaney Park & Ride) and 41 (Aspen Hill) normally at Bus Bay B will be relocated to Bus Bay E.
- Ride On route 10 (Hillandale and Twinbrook) normally at Bus Bays E & F will be relocated to bus bay D
- Metrobus route C8 (College Park and North Bethesda) normally at Bus Bays E & F will be relocated to bus bay D
The buses will return to their normal bus bays on December 27 and construction will pause until early March 2023
Phase 2: From early March 2023 to mid-May 2023, Bus Bays C and D will be closed.
- Metrobus routes Y2 (Silver Spring), Y7 (Silver Spring), and Y8 (Silver Spring) normally at Bus Bay D will be relocated to Bus Bay E.
- Metrobus route C8 (College Park and North Bethesda) normally at Bus Bays E & F will be relocated to bus bay H.
- Metro Access and Metrobus Shuttle will be available at Bus Bay E.
- Ride On route 10 (Twinbrook) normally at Bus Bay F will be relocated to bus bay E.
- Ride On routes 31 (Wheaton) and 49 (Rockville) normally at Bus Bay C will be relocated to Bus Bay F.
During construction pedestrians must follow the designated pathway when walking between the garage/Bus Bay A/Bus Bay B and the escalator/Bus Bay E/Bus Bay F.
Additional phases and bus stop relocation information will be provided as the work advances. All dates are tentative and subject to change. This advisory will be updated throughout construction.
- Be prepared for loud noises and traffic/pedestrian detours throughout construction. For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
- Vehicles parked in marked construction zones will be subject to towing. If your vehicle is towed, please call Metro Transit Police at 202-962-2121.
How can I stay informed about the project?
Additional information can be found on the Escalator, Canopy and Elevator project page. Customers are also encouraged to sign up for MetroAlerts text or email messages to receive project updates and service information or contact Customer Service at 202-637-1328 with additional questions.