SafeTrack Surge #15 Orange Line: New Carrollton to Stadium-Armory
Stadium‐Armory to New Carrollton; Line Segment Shutdown from May 16 - June 15.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Renewal of rail and power infrastructure on this portion of the Orang Line, including crossties, track circuit equipment, and power cables.
The critical tasks completed during the surge include:
- Replaced more than 15,700 crossties
- Replaced more than 8,800 linear feet of grout pads
- Replaced more than 1,200 linear feet of cover boards
- Replaced more than 3,000 fasteners
- Replaced 2,403 insulators
- Replaced more than 2,500 linear feet of rail
- Repaired more than 75 power cables and more than 70 pigtails
SafeTrack Photo Gallery (click on photo to view)