Passenger Information Display Screen Installation
Advisory Effective: 6/20/23 - 1/31/24
Starting in June 2023, Metro began installing new Passenger Information Display Screens (PIDS) at Metro Center, Gallery Place, and L’Enfant Plaza stations.
The new PIDS are brighter and clearer which will increase visibility and readability for all customers.
In addition to replacing the existing displays, additional PIDS will also be added to each platform to increase accessibility and comply with ADA standards. A total of 52 new double faced PIDS will be installed at the three stations.
The installation of the screens will occur on all upper and lower station platforms and in the mezzanines. PIDS will be mounted on the ceiling as well as on pylons to maximize visibility for our customers.
Example of upper level digital screens
Example of lower level and mezzanine digital screens
How will this work affect my trip?
How long will the project take?
The project will occur in two phases from June 2023 – December 2023
June 2023 – October 2023: Installation of new PIDS at the three stations
- September 22, 2023 – New display screens “go live” at L’Enfant Plaza Station
- End of October 2023 - New display screens “go live” at Gallery Place and Metro Center stations
- November 2023 – December 2023: Removal of all old PIDS at the three stations
- Be prepared for loud noises and pedestrian detours throughout construction. For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
How can I stay informed about the project?
- This advisory will be updated throughout the project with any news or notifications.
- Subscribe to MetroAlerts. This includes up-to-the minute email & text message updates personalized to your travel habits, including specific times and stations.
For more information on this and other projects, visit wmata.com or call Customer Service at 202-637-1328