Cheverly Station Temporary Kiss & Ride Lot Closure
Advisory Effective: 5/15/23 - 8/31/23
Beginning in mid-May, the Kiss & Ride Lot at Cheverly Station will close for approximately three months to support the installation of solar carports
This project will result in solar carports that will cover the Park & Ride and Kiss & Ride areas at Cheverly Station. When completed, the solar carports at four stations (Naylor Road, Cheverly, Southern Avenue, and Anacostia) will generate renewable energy equivalent to the electricity used to power 1,100 homes.
As a result of construction:
- The Kiss & Ride lot will be closed for approximately three months
- A designated pick-up and drop-off area will be established along Columbia Park Rd
- Flaggers will be present, and customers should follow all project-related signs
- Pedestrian detours may be in place
- Some night and weekend work may be required
- There will be minimal noise disruptions
- All dates are tentative and subject to change
- For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
- Vehicles parked in marked construction zones will be subject to towing. If your vehicle is towed, please call Metro Transit Police at 202-962-2121.
All dates are tentative and subject to change. This advisory will be updated throughout construction. Visit wmata.com/solarcarports to learn more about this important sustainability initiative.