- For daily parking, SmarTrip® cards are the primary form of payment accepted. Additionally, all stations accept credit cards.
- Meters at short-term parking spaces accept only quarters and $1 coins.
- Parking is free at Metro-operated lots on weekends and federal holidays, except during special events. Most weekends, it's easy to find a space at Metro parking lots.
- Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Current Parking Availability
Parking availability status is based on the real-time entry and exit at Metro lots or garages. It does not reflect where the cars park (spaces for reserved, paid, accessible, etc.). The status feature provides customers with an estimate of available spaces, not an exact count.
- - Ample parking spaces are available.
- - A limited number of parking spaces are available.
- - The lot/garage is full. No parking spaces are available.
- Parking availability does not include any reserved parking spaces released after 10 am.
- Parking availability is included on Metro-operated parking lots and garages only.
All day spaces:
Cost/day: M-F $5.20
Payment: SmarTrip® cards and credit cards
Short-term metered spaces: 46 (Parking available 8:30 am - 3:30 pm and 7 pm - 2 am)
Additional spaces and costs: 200 parking spaces metered for a maximum of 12 hours @ $1.00 per 60 mins. These spaces are available between 5a.m. and 2a.m. and are located in the Kiss and Ride lot on the upper level of the Southern Avenue Parking Garage.
Current Parking Availability:
Reserved rate: $65.00