Procurement and Contracting
The Office of Procurement and Material is dedicated to providing quality goods and services to support Metro's mission in a professional and ethical manner while striving to exceed customer expectations.
Before bidding on procurements being sourced by Metro, all vendors must register in the Vendor Registration System.
- To create a profile, use our New Vendor Registration System.
- To review and/or update your password, business telephone number, point of contact, or email address please follow this link: Vendor Registration Update.
The health and well-being of employees and clients is a top priority for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). As developments continue to unfold around the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we are continuously monitoring and adapting our business continuity planning. Until further notice, public bid openings will be held via phone and bids/proposals will be accepted electronically at PRMTPolicy@wmata.com. All bid results will be posted within 24 hours of the bid closing on the Bid Opening Results page. Further instruction on how to submit bids/proposals can be found in the solicitation document.
Important Manuals and Documents:
- Policy/Instruction: 8.12/1 Debarment and Suspension Program Policy
- 2020 Living Wage Policy Memorandum
- Standard Federal Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- Standard Non-Federal Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
- WMATA Procurement Procedures Manual
- Construction Safety and Environmental Manual (CSEM)
- Criminal Background Screening FAQs
- Appendix A - Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Quality Management System Plan (QMSP)
Small Business Certification Programs
Interested in WMATA's small business (DBE, SBE, SBLPP) certification programs? Learn more at WMATA's Small & Disadvantaged Business Programs website.