Proposed supplemental Metrobus service
This map shows how Metrobus service could be adjusted to serve high-ridership rail stations and corridors in the region if the Metrorail operating hours are changed. The lines below represent existing routes that could be adjusted to provide additional hours of service, more frequent service, or have their routes extended to connect riders to business and activity centers.
The changes are based on recent ridership data showing where Metrorail customers are traveling during the hours under consideration for closure. This map does not display all bus service available on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The exact Metrobus service plan will be determined once the final changes to Metrorail operating hours have been approved by the Board of Directors.
Supplemental Bus Service - approximate frequencies
- BLUE represents less than 30 minutes
- RED (solid) represents 30 minutes
- RED (dashed) represents 30 minutes, with limited to no service after 1:30 a.m. Friday & Saturday
- ORANGE (solid) represents more than 30 minutes
- ORANGE (dashed) represents more than 30 minutes, with limited to no service after 1:30 a.m. Friday & Saturday