For immediate release: December 20, 2022
Metro spreading holiday cheer this week with winter wonderland MetrobusThe Metro Transit Police Department is spreading holiday cheer this week with community outreach and service events throughout the region. Step into a winter wonderland aboard a specially decorated Metrobus where MTPD officers joined by Metrobus personnel will be handing out gift bags and other giveaways at the following locations in the coming days:
• Tuesday, December 20: Congress Heights Station, 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, December 20: Fort Totten Station, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• Wednesday, December 21: Amidon Elementary School, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
• Wednesday, December 21: Hyattsville Crossing Station, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
• Friday, December 23: King Street Station, 11:00 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Metro employees raised about $5,000 in cash donations, holiday gifts for children, and daily necessities for those in need. MTPD will also be delivering food and cold weather necessities to those experiencing homelessness over the holidays and conducting additional pop-up outreach events in Maryland, Virginia, and the District.
“Metro’s holiday activities this year include our train and bus wraps, as well as other charitable work to continue serving our community,” said Metro General Manager and CEO Randy Clarke. “We wish everyone a safe, happy, and healthy start to the new year.”
The holiday bus events cap off a month that featured more than a dozen MTPD outreach events to build relationships with Metro customers and promote safety on the entire Metro system.