WMATA Developer License Agreement
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) hereby grants you (Licensee) non-exclusive, limited and revocable rights to use, reproduce, and redistribute WMATA Trip Planning Data (the Data) subject to the following Terms:
- WMATA trademarks and copyrighted materials, including any confusingly similar variants, may not be used in association with the Data.
- The Data is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. WMATA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. WMATA disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. WMATA and its employees, officers, directors and agents will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of the Data including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
- WMATA reserves the right to alter and/or no longer provide the Data at any time without prior notice.
- LICENSEE must state in legible bold print on the same page where WMATA Transit Information appears and in close proximity thereto, "WMATA Transit information provided on this site is subject to change without notice. For the most current information, please click here. "
- Severability and Waiver: The invalidity of any term or provision of these Terms will not affect the validity of any other provision. Waiver by WMATA of strict performances of any provision of these Terms will not be a waiver of or prejudice WMATA's right to require strict performance of the same provision in the future or of any other provision of these Terms.
- License Fee: WMATA does not currently charge a license fee to download the Data. However, WMATA reserves the right to institute a license fee at any time in the future without prior notice.
- WMATA maintains title, ownership, rights and interest in and to the Data.
Licensee acknowledges that WMATA is an interstate compact agency of the District of Columbia, the State of Maryland and the Commonwealth of Virginia; that WMATA has sovereign immunity; and that by entering into this License Agreement, WMATA does not waive such sovereign immunity
The laws of the District of Columbia shall govern all rights and obligations under this Agreement, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws, unless such laws conflict with the WMATA Compact, in which case the WMATA Compact shall govern.
This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between WMATA and Licensee with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. WMATA reserves the right to modify or revoke this agreement at any time.