Metro reminds customers of Blue and Yellow line service changes this weekend for lighting improvements
Metro customers on the Blue and Yellow lines in Virginia are reminded that lighting improvements this weekend will close three stations - Pentagon, Crystal City and Pentagon City. Free shuttle buses will replace trains between Braddock Road and Rosslyn on the Blue Line and Reagan National Airport and L'Enfant Plaza on the Yellow Line.
During the weekend, Metro crews will work around the clock to enhance visibility and reduce energy use with new, brighter LED lighting. The location of the lights in a narrow strip between two tracks requires that the work be done when trains are not running.
Blue Line trains will operate regular weekend service between Franconia-Springfield and Reagan National Airport and between Arlington Cemetery and Largo Town Center. After Arlington Cemetery closes at 7 p.m., Blue Line service will end at Rosslyn. Yellow Line service will operate at regular weekend intervals between Huntington and National Airport only. Metro will provide free shuttle bus options for customers.
Additionally, workers will replace concrete grout pads, install radio communication cables and perform other track work to coincide with the lighting improvements.
Customers should allow approximately 30 minutes of extra travel time for shuttle bus service. Additional information can be found on the weekend track work page.
- Pentagon, Pentagon City and Crystal City stations closed
- Free shuttle buses will be provided as follows:
- Blue Line Shuttle (No stop at National Airport or Arlington Cemetery) - every 5-10 minutes between Braddock Rd, Crystal City, Pentagon City, Pentagon, Rosslyn
- DC-Airport Express Shuttle - every 5-10 minutes between Reagan National Airport and L'Enfant Plaza Metro Station in Downtown DC
- Pentagon-Airport Shuttle - every 15 minutes between Reagan National Airport, Crystal City, Pentagon City, Pentagon only
- Blue Line trains will operate regular weekend service between Franconia-Springfield and Reagan National Airport and between Arlington Cemetery and Largo Town Center. After 7 p.m. trains will run between Rosslyn and Largo Town Center.
- Yellow Line trains will operate at regular weekend intervals between Huntington and Reagan National Airport only.
- Yellow and Blue line trains will provide service for customers traveling to/from Reagan National Airport and points south.
- Customers traveling to/from Reagan National Airport and DC or points north should use the DC - Airport Express Shuttle via L'Enfant Plaza or the Pentagon - Airport Shuttle from Pentagon, Pentagon City or Crystal City.
- Customers traveling to Arlington Cemetery should use the Blue Line via Rosslyn. There is no shuttle bus service at Arlington Cemetery.