Metro to open at 6 a.m., Sunday, October 8, for Army Ten-Miler
Metrorail will open two hours early -- at 6:00 a.m. -- on Sunday, October 8, for the Army Ten-Miler. Metro plans to run extra Blue Line trains before and after the event to accommodate the large number of participants and spectators traveling to the race.
- While the closest Metrorail station to the start of the race is Pentagon Station on the Blue and Yellow lines, to avoid crowds, riders are encouraged to consider using Pentagon City instead.
- Pentagon Station will be available for "exit only" from 6 a.m. until 8 a.m.
- In the event of crowded conditions at Pentagon Station, trains may temporarily bypass the station. (In the event of crowding, some customers may be directed to use Pentagon City instead.)
- Please take note of service changes on the Red Line.
- Additional Blue Line trains will run between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory from 6 a.m. until 8:40 a.m., and from 11:15 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- Metro recommends purchasing a SmarTrip card in advance loaded with enough value for the entire day to avoid long lines and speed your trip. SmarTrip cards can be purchased at fare vending machines located at station entrances.
Due to the event, all Metrobus service that normally operates to/from the Pentagon will be diverted to Pentagon City until approximately 2:00 p.m. Additional staff will be on hand at Pentagon City Station to assist bus customers.
The two-hour early opening and supplemental train service is funded through an agreement with event organizers.
Army Ten-Miler website