Metro reminds customers of parking changes starting Monday
Metro is reminding customers of changes affecting Metro-owned parking facilities beginning Monday, February 5, 2018.
New hours when parking fees are collected will take effect and higher fees for "non-riders" will be charged at 10 additional stations, while fees at two stations will be lowered as part of a pilot program.
Additionally, beginning Saturday, February 10, a parking fee of $2 will be charged under a pilot program for Metrorail riders who park at Metro garages and lots on Saturdays. Parking on Sundays will remain free except when special event parking rules are in effect.
- Parking fees will be in effect during the following hours (2 hours earlier on weekdays and end one hour later on Fridays):
- Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
- Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday daily parking fee will be $2.
- The weekday parking fee at two stations - Landover and West Falls Church - will be lowered to $3.
- Individuals who park at Metro facilities but do not use the Metrorail system will be charged a higher "non-rider" fee (ranging from $8.70 to $10) Monday through Saturday at the following stations:
- Branch Ave
- Dunn Loring
- Minnesota Ave
- New Carrollton*
- Largo Town Center
- Rhode Island Ave
- White Flint*
*Existing stations with non-rider fee
Customers must pay with the same SmarTrip® card used to enter/exit Metrorail, and must exit the parking lot within 2 hours of the start of their last Metrorail trip in order to receive the lower parking rate.
Metrorail customers who use a credit card at these stations will incur the non-rider fee.
For information about parking fees by station go to the parking page on wmata.com.