Bladensburg Bus Garage Reconstruction Project
- Incorporate environmental and infrastructure improvements necessary to support additional buses
- Continue to provide important services like maintenance space, parts storage, and employee amenities
- Dramatically improve parking accommodations by allowing the creation of 200 40-foot-long bus spaces, 100 articulated bus spaces, and 560 employee spaces
- Allocate space for electric bus infrastructure in the future (i.e. charging locations), consistent with Metro’s zero-emission bus plan
News and Announcements:
Bladensburg Bus Garage Reconstruction Project Fall Virtual Community Meeting
Registration is now open for the fall community engagement meeting on the Bladensburg Bus Garage Reconstruction Project. Join Metro on Monday, September 20 at 6 pm to discuss recent project updates and engage with Metro’s project leaders. Click here to register.
Meeting topics will include:
- Project Overview
- Review of garage design renderings
- Community outreach plans and activites
Metro plans to hold meetings on a quarterly basis.