Further reduced Metrobus service in response to COVID-19, beginning March 18
Advisory Effective: 3/18/20 - 3/20/20
Updated: Thursday, March 19, 2020
Metro’s Pandemic Task Force announced major service reductions during the ongoing pandemic response. The changes further draw-down service to protect frontline employees, while maintaining regional mobility for essential trips taken by hospital staff, government officials, and emergency responders.
7M: Regular weekday schedule 17G: Saturday Supplemental schedule 18P: Regular weekday schedule 89, 89M: Regular weekday schedule
- A4: Regular Sunday schedule + the weekday Anacostia-Coast Guard HQ trips
- B21, B22, B24: Regular weekday schedule
- C14: Saturday schedule
- F14: Saturday Supplemental schedule
- P18, P19: Regular Weekday schedule
- R12: Saturday schedule
- W14: Regular Weekday schedule
A few other important tips for our Metrobus customers:
- Bus hours and service levels are further reduced to support ESSENTIAL TRAVEL ONLY. DO NOT TRAVEL UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY and follow guidance from your state and local authorities.
- IMPORTANT: Bus operators are granted the authority to bypass bus stops to maintain safe social distancing aboard the vehicle.
These supplemental routes will notbe available through trip planner, BusETA, bus stop arrival signs or third party trip planning mobile applications. Please visit the timetables page and search for these routes. A complete list of all routes operating on Sunday supplemental service is here. Routes L8 and T2 are being operated by RideOn. A schedule for the L8 can be found here, and for the T2 can be found here.