Permanent Route Change: Due to DDOT Traffic Change on New Jersey Ave NW btwn New York Ave and H St, November 13
Advisory Effective: 11/13/20 - 12/31/20
Beginning Friday, November 13, 2020 (Updated: November 10, 2020)
Route Affected: 96
Buses will permanently reroute due to a District Department of Transportation traffic change on New Jersey Ave NW. Customers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow additional travel time.
Please view the map here.
The following route will reroute:
96 East Capitol St-Cardozo eastbound towards Capitol Heights
- Buses begin rerouting on New Jersey Ave NW at N St, resuming regular route on Massachusetts Ave NE at First St.
Southbound bus stops established along New Jersey Ave NW:
- Pierce St, 80 feet south of the crosswalk (stop ID #1003935)
- K St, 60 feet north of the intersection (stop ID #1003936)
- H St, 60 feet north of the intersection (stop ID #1003937)
Buses will serve the existing stop on Massachusetts Ave NW at G St (stop ID #1003323).
Bus stops that will be permanently discontinued:
- New York Ave NW at New Jersey Ave (stop ID #1001332)
- M St NW at First Pl (stop ID #1001338)
Southbound bus stops along North Capitol St NW, permanently discontinued on the 96 route only:
- Pierce St (stop ID #1001306)
- K St (stop ID #1001206)
- H St (stop ID #1001165)
Customers are required to wear face coverings on Metrobus. Face coverings may include bandanas, scarves, neck gaiters or homemade coverings easily made from t-shirts and other materials at minimal cost.