Emergency closure of the Rockville Pedestrian Bridge
Advisory Effective: 6/17/20 - 8/31/21
Updated February 24, 2021
Effective March 1, 2021, the pedestrian bridge over Rockville Pike is under construction for approximately seven months. Due to a safety concern, the pedestrian bridge over Rockville Pike was closed on June 17, 2020, and is expected to remain closed until mid-2021.
- Accessible parking spaces in the west Kiss & Ride will be temporarily relocated to the south section of the lot for the duration of construction. Please follow posted signs to ensure your vehicle is not towed.
- Evening and weekend work may occur depending on weather and worksite conditions.
- Be prepared for loud noises and traffic/pedestrian detours throughout construction. For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
Crossing Rockville Pike
Metro installed signage to notify customers of the structure's closure and urges all pedestrians who normally use the bridge to use the following alternatives:
- Free Shuttle Bus Service is available during Metrorail hours between Rockville Metrorail Station Bus Bay D (West Bus Loop) and Monroe St at E Montgomery Ave. The shuttle service operates every 5-10 minutes during Metrorail hours.
- Pedestrian Walkways: Cross Rockville Pike at Park Road or Church Street using marked crosswalks and following pedestrian crossing signals.
Rockville Pedestrian Bridge Fact Sheet