Metro to relocate Huntington Kiss & Ride lots, bus stops ahead of summer Platform Improvement Project
Advisory Effective: 4/2/19 - 5/27/19
In preparation for this summer's Platform Improvement Project at six stations on the Blue and Yellow lines, Metro's contractor, Kiewit, will soon begin constructing temporary bus loops at Huntington, Van Dorn Street, Braddock Road and Eisenhower Avenue stations. The temporary bus loops will accommodate free customer shuttles during construction and will be located in the stations' Kiss & Ride lots. As a result, the Kiss & Ride lots at these stations will be closed and existing bus stops will be temporarily relocated. The current lots and bus stops will be restored at the conclusion of the project - in most cases, later this year.
In addition, Metro is advising customers that the contractor will conduct pre-construction activities over the weekend of May 4-5, requiring the closure of all six stations south of Reagan National Airport. Additional weekend outages may be necessary before the start of around-the-clock construction on Saturday, May 25.
Huntington Station - North side
Sunday, April 14
- Bus bays A and B will close, and all bus stops at the station will be moved within the remaining bus bays or to temporary bus stops established on Huntington Ave.
- Kiss & Ride lot will close. A temporary drop off zone will be established on Huntington Ave., just east of the entrance to the existing Kiss & Ride lot.
- ADA parking spaces will be available in the Huntington Park and Ride garages.
- For ADA customers who are unable to access the station and bus stops from the temporary drop off zone on Huntington Ave., a shuttle will be available. Customers can request the shuttle by calling 202-962-1825. In addition, the station's south entrance and south Kiss & Ride will remain open and are fully accessible.
Huntington Station - South side
Sunday, April 14
- Bus stops will be temporarily reassigned within existing bus bays. The Kiss & Ride lot will remain open.