Inauguration Day Metrobus Changes
Advisory Effective: 1/19/17 - 1/21/17
Everything you need to know about Metro on Inauguration Day
Friday, January 20 (Inauguration Day)
Metrobus will operate a Saturday supplemental schedule (Saturday schedule with additional trips on some routes). There are additional routes which normally operate on a Saturday supplemental, but will not on this day, due to road closures.
Here is a list of Metrobus service changes for Friday:
- 30-Line service changes
- D6, P6 & 96 route detours
- Metrobus routes not operating on Friday
- Shortened Metrobus routes
- Pentagon Transit Center Closed
When traveling on Friday:
- Plan ahead reviewing the changes to Metrobus service
- Allow for plenty of travel time
- Expect additional delays and detours en route
- Use Metrorail whenever possible - routes that are shortened because of road closures around the National Mall or parade route are planned to begin at or near a Metrorail station. If you can use the rail system earlier in your trip, please do so.
- Pentagon Transit Center is closed for security reasons. Buses will operate to/from Pentagon City Metrorail station
Saturday, January 21 & Sunday, January 22
Metrobus detours are planned for events around the District on Saturday, January 21.
- Prayer Service at National Cathedral, 7:30 a.m. until noon
- Million Woman March, beginning at the start of service