Naylor Road Station: Temporary Bus Stop Closure
Advisory Effective: 9/20/22 - 12/20/22
Due to construction that supports installation of solar carports, the bus bays located at Naylor Road bus loops will temporarily close beginning on September 20 for approximately 3 months.
This project will result in a covered bus waiting area where customers can wait for buses in a shaded area. When completed, the solar carports at four stations (Naylor Road, Cheverly, Southern Avenue, and Anacostia) will provide renewable energy to the surrounding neighborhoods by generating enough energy to power 1,100 homes and several businesses annually.Customers may board/exit buses at temporary stops:
- 36 toward Potomac Park – T2
- C12 and C14 toward Branch Ave – T3
- F14 toward New Carrollton – T4
- H12 toward Temple Hills – T5
- The Bus 32 toward Clinton Park & Ride – T6
- Bus Loops A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H will be temporarily relocated to temporary bus stops in the Kiss & Ride. Please note the signage at the Naylor Road station for exact locations.
- Half of the parking spots in the Kiss & Ride lot will be unavailable during construction.
- Elevators will not be affected.
- Half of the Kiss & Ride parking spots will be affected.
- Work at night and on weekends is occasionally scheduled.
- There will be minimal noise disruptions.
- All dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Be prepared for loud noises and traffic/pedestrian detours throughout construction. For your safety, stay clear of the construction zone and follow all posted signs.
- Vehicles parked in marked construction zones will be subject to towing. If your vehicle is towed, please call Metro Transit Police at 202-962-2121.
All dates are tentative and subject to change. This advisory will be updated throughout construction.
While riding Metro, wearing a mask is now optional.
Thank you for being mindful of others while riding.