Metro Service Information for Labor Day, September 7
Advisory Effective: 9/7/20 - 9/7/20
Metrorail, Metrobus and MetroAccess service will operate on Sunday schedules on Monday, September 7, 2020, in observance of Labor Day. For the protection of frontline transit employees, Metro requires the use of face masks or cloth face coverings at all times, including all trains, buses, stations, MetroAccess vehicles, and other facilities. The mask must fully cover mouth and nose.
- Hours: 8AM – 11PM (Sunday schedule)
- Service: Trains run every 15 minutes on all lines except Red Line, where trains run every 12 minutes.
- Stations: All stations open except Vienna and Dunn Loring on the Orange Line. These stations will reopen on Tuesday, September 8, following a long-term platform reconstruction project.
- Fares: Off-peak fares all day.
- Parking: Free at all Metro-operated lots and garages.
- Hours: Vary by route (see Sunday timetables). On most routes, bus service ends at midnight.
- Service: Buses will operate using the Sunday schedule for each route. Buses that do not normally run on Sundays will not run on the holiday.
- Boarding Change: To enhance safety for bus operators, all customers – except those using mobility devices – should use the rear doors when entering and exiting the bus.
- Fares: Fares are temporarily waived, because fare collection equipment is only located at the front door.
- MetroAccess paratransit service for customers with disabilities will operate during the same hours as rail and bus service.
- Recurring “subscription trips” are automatically canceled on the holiday. Customers who wish to travel on Monday should make a separate reservation online (text only) or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535).
In addition, Metro's customer information call center will be closed on Monday. Automated information is available 24/7 by calling (202) 637-7000 or online at wmata.com.