Metro to open at 7 a.m., Sunday, October 13, for Army Ten-Miler
Advisory Effective: 10/13/19 - 10/13/19
Metrorail will open one hour early -- at 7:00 a.m. -- on Sunday, October 13, for the Army Ten-Miler. To accommodate the large number of participants and spectators traveling to the race, Metro will run additional Blue Line trains before and after the event.
- While the closest Metrorail station to the start of the race is Pentagon Station on the Blue and Yellow lines, to avoid crowds, riders are encouraged to consider using Pentagon City instead.
- Pentagon Station will be available for "exit only" from 7 a.m. until 9 a.m.
- In the event of crowded conditions at Pentagon Station, trains may temporarily bypass the station and customers may be directed to use Pentagon City.
- Additional Blue Line trains will run between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory from 7 a.m. until 8:40 a.m., and from 11:15 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.
- Metro recommends purchasing a SmarTrip card in advance loaded with enough value for the entire day to avoid long lines and speed your trip. SmarTrip cards can be purchased at fare vending machines located at station entrances, commuter stores and participating retail locations.
Due to the event, all Metrobus service that normally operates to/from the Pentagon will be relocated to Pentagon City until approximately 2:00 p.m. Additional staff will be on hand at Pentagon City Station to assist bus customers.
The one-hour early opening and supplemental train service is funded through an agreement with event organizers.Army Ten-Miler website