- For daily parking, SmarTrip® cards are the primary form of payment accepted. Additionally, all stations accept credit cards.
- Meters at short-term parking spaces accept only quarters and $1 coins.
- Parking is free at Metro-operated lots on weekends and federal holidays, except during special events. Most weekends, it's easy to find a space at Metro parking lots.
- Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Current Parking Availability
Parking availability status is based on the real-time entry and exit at Metro lots or garages. It does not reflect where the cars park (spaces for reserved, paid, accessible, etc.). The status feature provides customers with an estimate of available spaces, not an exact count.
- - Ample parking spaces are available.
- - A limited number of parking spaces are available.
- - The lot/garage is full. No parking spaces are available.
- Parking availability does not include any reserved parking spaces released after 10 am.
- Parking availability is included on Metro-operated parking lots and garages only.
All day spaces:
Cost/day: M-F $5.20
Payment: SmarTrip® cards and credit cards
Short-term metered spaces: 10 (Parking available 8:30 am - 3:30 pm and 7 pm - 2 am)
Additional spaces and costs: A Park & Lock lot has opened at the corner of Southern Ave. and Banks St., NE. The daily parking fee is $4. The lot is operated by Safe Haven, Inc., and is not affiliated with Metro. Safe Haven also runs complimentary shuttle service from the lot to Capital Heights station from 5 to 10 a.m. and from the station to the lot from 3 to 7 p.m. To reach the lot from Central Ave., turn right on Southern Ave., left on Banks St. and right on 62nd St. The lot is on the right side of the street. From East Capitol St., turn left onto Southern Ave., left on Banks St. and right on 62nd St.
Current Parking Availability:
Reserved rate: $65.00