- For daily parking, SmarTrip® cards and Credit cards are accepted as forms of payment at all Metro parking facilities.
- Weekends and federal holidays: Parking at Metro-operated lots is free. Weekend and Federal Holiday operating hours are subject to change due to regional or special events. Updates will be posted at impacted Park & Ride facilities and WMATA.com.
- Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway parking facilities may have hours that differ from WMATA standard collection revenue hours. Please reference fares and collection hours under station pages.
Current Parking Availability
Parking availability status is based on the real-time entry and exit at Metro lots or garages. It does not reflect where the cars park (spaces for reserved, paid, accessible, etc.). The status feature provides customers with an estimate of available spaces, not an exact count.
- - Ample parking spaces are available.
- - A limited number of parking spaces are available.
- - The lot/garage is full. No parking spaces are available.
- Parking availability does not include any reserved parking spaces released after 10 am.
- Parking availability is included on Metro-operated parking lots and garages only.
College Park-U of Md
All day spaces:
Cost/day: M-F $4.95
Payment: SmarTrip® cards and credit cards
Short-term metered spaces: None
Additional spaces and costs: East - 42 short term meters @ $1.00 per 60 mins. West - 21 short term meters @ $1.00 per 60 mins.
Current Parking Availability:
Reserved rate: $65.00
For any Non-Rider, there is a $15.00 Special Event Parking Fee at College Park-U of Md during events at Capital One Field at SECU Stadium. Metrorail riders who use the same SmarTrip® card to ride to College Park-U of Md and exit the parking facility will be charged the standard parking rates in effect upon exiting. A qualifying Metro ride is one that begins at a station other than Hyattsville Crossing for College park parking, West Hyattsville or Greenbelt. To qualify for a Metro rider rate, you must ride to College Park using Metrorail boarding at Fort Totten or farther south.
The $15 rate is in effect at the time of Kick Off and remains in effect until two hours after the event. This fee ensures that a market-based parking fee is charged to patrons attending these events.