- For daily parking, SmarTrip® cards are the primary form of payment accepted. Additionally, all stations accept credit cards.
- Meters at short-term parking spaces accept only quarters and $1 coins.
- Parking is free at Metro-operated lots on weekends and federal holidays, except during special events. Most weekends, it's easy to find a space at Metro parking lots.
- Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Current Parking Availability
Parking availability status is based on the real-time entry and exit at Metro lots or garages. It does not reflect where the cars park (spaces for reserved, paid, accessible, etc.). The status feature provides customers with an estimate of available spaces, not an exact count.
- - Ample parking spaces are available.
- - A limited number of parking spaces are available.
- - The lot/garage is full. No parking spaces are available.
- Parking availability does not include any reserved parking spaces released after 10 am.
- Parking availability is included on Metro-operated parking lots and garages only.
College Park-U of Md
All day spaces:
Cost/day: M-F $4.95
Payment: SmarTrip® cards and credit cards
Short-term metered spaces: None
Additional spaces and costs: East - 42 short term meters @ $1.00 per 60 mins. West - 21 short term meters @ $1.00 per 60 mins.
Current Parking Availability:
Reserved rate: $65.00
For any Non-Rider, there is a $15.00 Special Event Parking Fee at College Park-U of Md during events at Capital One at Maryland Stadium. Metrorail riders who use the same SmarTrip® card to ride to College Park-U of Md and exit the parking facility will be charged the standard parking rates in effect upon exiting. A qualifying Metro ride is one that begins at a station other than PG Plaza, West Hyattsville or Greenbelt. To qualify for a Metro rider rate, you must ride to College Park using Metrorail boarding at Fort Totten or farther south.
The $15 rate is in effect at the time of Kick Off and remains in effect until two hours after the event. This fee ensures that a market-based parking fee is charged to patrons attending these events.