- For daily parking, SmarTrip® cards and Credit cards are accepted as forms of payment at all Metro parking facilities.
- Meters at short-term parking spaces accept only quarters and $1 coins.
- Parking is free at Metro-operated lots on weekends and federal holidays, except during special events. Most weekends, it's easy to find a space at Metro parking lots.
- Fares are collected upon exit during the following hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
Ashburn and Loudoun Gateway parking facilities may have hours that differ from WMATA standard collection revenue hours. Please reference fares and collection hours under station pages.
Current Parking Availability
Parking availability status is based on the real-time entry and exit at Metro lots or garages. It does not reflect where the cars park (spaces for reserved, paid, accessible, etc.). The status feature provides customers with an estimate of available spaces, not an exact count.
- - Ample parking spaces are available.
- - A limited number of parking spaces are available.
- - The lot/garage is full. No parking spaces are available.
- Parking availability does not include any reserved parking spaces released after 10 am.
- Parking availability is included on Metro-operated parking lots and garages only.
All day spaces:
Cost/day: M-F $4.95 / $8.95*
Payment: SmarTrip® cards and credit cards
Short-term metered spaces: 30 (Parking available 8:30 am - 3:30 pm and 7 pm - 2 am)
Additional spaces and costs: None
*Note: The lower cost per day requires a valid rail trip using a SmarTrip® card originating from a station other than the one where you parked. To receive this lower rate, you must pay for your parking with the same SmarTrip® card used to enter/exit Metrorail, and Exit parking within two hours of the start of your Metrorail trip.
Current Parking Availability:
Reserved rate: $65.00