Enhanced Cleaning Protocols for Covid-19
Metro has taken steps to protect the health and safety of the public and our frontline employees with:
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of trains, buses, and stations with mopping, wiping down high-touch surfaces or using electrostatic foggers
- Regular deep cleaning of stations
- Immediate disinfection of a train, bus or station once Metro receives a report of bodily fluids or an ill customer on the system
- Rear-door boarding and waived fares to provide a buffer between customers and Metrobus Operators
- Buses being equipped with Bus Operator safety shields to provide a physical barrier separating the Operator’s compartment from customers
Please take note, no amount of cleaning is as effective as what an individual can do themselves - frequent hand washing, avoid touching your face, and maintaining a safe social distance when possible.