Pike Ride Columbia Pike
Your guide to the new and improved Pike Ride, Metrobus service on Columbia Pike and surrounding neighborhoods.
Beginning June 24, 16A, 16B, 16J, 16P and 16X will be restructured as 16A, 16C (NEW) and 16E providing:
- More trips and direct service between Pentagon Metrorail Station, Annandale and Culmore.
- Weekday rush hour service to Federal Triangle on select 16C trips.
- Late night weekday/weekend and early morning weekend service to Franklin Square (D.C.).
16A, 16C and 16E
- 16A will now operate all day, every day between Annandale and Pentagon Metrorail Station.
- New 16C will operate all day, every day between Culmore and Pentagon Metrorail Station. During weekday rush hours, every other trip will serve Federal Triangle.
- Both 16A and 16C will serve limited stops along Columbia Pike in Arlington County at Greenbrier Street, Four Mile Run Drive/ Buchanan Street, George Mason Drive, Oakland Street, Glebe Road, Walter Reed Drive, Barton Street, Courthouse Road and Orme Street only; and all stops along Army Navy Drive and Joyce Street.
- 16E, 16G and 16H will serve all stops along Columbia Pike in Arlington County.
- 16E will operate seven days a week between Culmore, Pentagon City and Pentagon Metrorail stations, and Franklin Square (D.C.) offering more trips late night weekdays and weekends after 10 p.m. and early morning weekends before 8 a.m.
16G and 16H
- Service on both will become more frequent between Arlington Mill and Pentagon City Metrorail Station.
- During weekday rush hour, service will operate every 12 minutes (combined service will be every six minutes during rush hour).
- During non-rush hour, service will operate every 24-30 minutes (combined service will be every 12-15 minutes).
- Destination signs on westbound 16G buses will be changed to "Arlington Mill" instead of "Columbia Heights West."
- 16H will now operate all day, every day to Skyline City.
16L and 16Y
- Service will not change.