MetroReady Travel Training and System Orientation for People with Disabilities and Outreach
Metro employs four full time professional travel trainers as well as two contract travel trainers in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. MetroReady travel training for customers with disabilities as well as senior customers, with or without disabilities is offered at no cost to Metro customers. MetroReady is short-term, comprehensive, intensive instruction designed to teach customers how to travel safely and independently on the accessible Metrobus and Metrorail public transportation systems. The goal of travel training is to enable and empower our customers to travel independently using the accessible Metrobus and Metrorail systems to a regularly visited destination and back.
Through our Senior Outreach and MetroReady Travel Training programs we offer:
- Presentations, display tables and Question & Answers sessions regarding transportation. Presentations are available for staff training, organization meetings, workshops, consumers and caregivers.
- Free individual or group travel training to familiarize people with disabilities and senior citizens on how to use the accessible Metrobus and Metrorail systems.
- Free tours of a Metro station to promote and identify the accessibility and safety features
- Free bus demonstrations on accessibility (available to groups of 20 or more)
- Free Resources upon request to include:
- Large Print Pocket Guides.
- Tips for Riding Metro for Senior Citizens and People with or without Disabilities.
- Accessible Options for People with Disabilities and Senior Citizens
- Sale of Senior Smartrip® cards.
For more information or to enroll in travel training and or outreach, please call 202-962-2703 or email TravelTraining@wmata.com to find out more about the program and/or enroll.