Kids Ride Free
- Students ride for free on Metrobus, DC Circulator, and Metrorail within the District of Columbia to get to school and school-related activities.
- Eligibility: District of Columbia students between ages 5 to 21 enrolled in an elementary or secondary public, charter, private or parochial school located within the District, or a ward of DC through the foster care system.
- Learn more
As we continue to monitor the impact of Covid-19 on academic settings and distance learning, the U∙PASS® Program will remain suspended for the Spring 2021 semester. Metro is committed to offering discounted student travel and will work to resume the program as conditions improve. Please refer to our website for a complete list of Covid-19 service changes, fare options and updates on Metro's commitment to passenger health and safety while riding our system.
- Students have unlimited rides on Metrorail and Metrobus throughout the semester.
- Pass is included in the cost of tuition (equivalent to $1 per day) .
- Eligibility: Full-time students at accredited postsecondary, degree-granting schools within the Metro service area that enter into an agreement with Metro are eligible to participate in this program.
- Current participants