Metro's Office of Joint Development and Adjacent Construction (JDAC) leads the review of construction projects adjacent to WMATA Metrorail and Metrobus property, facilities, and operations.
Entities planning to undertake construction activities near WMATA property should send a general inquiry to JDAC to conduct a screening analysis to determine if the planned projects may have an adverse impact requiring coordination and require issuance of a Real Estate Permit.
General inquiries should be sent to the JDAC@wmata.com and should include a short narrative about the proposed project along with a site plan showing the location of the activities in relation to WMATA's properties, facilities, and/or any nearby cross streets.
- For general inquiries and project introductions, Metro will respond within three (3) business days.
- For impact analysis, allow a minimum of ten (10) business days for review and submit the following items:
Note: For all established projects, please contact your WMATA JDAC assigned point of contact directly.
The Adjacent Construction Project Manual outlines the requirements for all projects adjacent to and/or impacting WMATA's Facilities.
- Adjacent Construction Project Manual
- Adjacent Construction Project Flow Chart
- Typical WMATA Design & Coordination Checklist
- Directions and Access to JDAC Offices in Landover, MD
To assure safe and secure access to Metrorail facilities, Metro has established procedures, listed below and identified in the Adjacent Construction Project Manual and Project Flow Chart. For Badging Information, please contact the assigned JDAC Engineer/JDAC Project Manager.