R14-02 Proposed Rail Yard Improvements at New Carrollton Station and new Rail Yard at Landover Station Prince George's County, MD, Docket R14-02
Metro seeks input on proposed improvements to the existing New Carrollton Rail Yard and the construction of a new rail yard at the Landover Metrorail station, which would provide additional rail car storage capacity to accommodate the future Metrorail vehicle fleet, and reorganize track maintenance functions at Metro's rail yards to accommodate the increase in demand for additional track maintenance and associated equipment.
The documents below contain specific information regarding the proposal. More information can be found here.
The Notice provides a summary of the proposal and instructions on how to participate in the public hearing process.
- English - Notice
- Spanish - Notificación en Español
- Resumen del Proyecto
Environmental Assessment and General Plans:
Environmental Assessment Appendices:
- Appendix A: Existing Conditions Report
- Appendix B: Transportation Technical Memorandum
- Appendix C: Water and Natural Resources Technical Memorandum (52.12 MB)
- Appendix D: Environmental Site Assessment Amtrak and MSHA Properties (38.83 MB)
- Appendix E: Cultural Resources Section 106 Initiation Package and Maryland Historic Trust Response
- Appendix F: Air Quality Technical Memorandum
- Appendix G: Noise and Vibration Technical Memorandum
- Appendix H: Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation
- Appendix I: Financially Constrained Long-Range Plan and Transportation Improvement Program Listings