Metro announces travel alternatives for this summer’s platform reconstruction on the Orange Line
Metro today announced travel alternatives to help customers prepare for the summer closures of New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Avenue stations, as part of the final phase of the Platform Improvement Project. These Orange Line stations will be closed from Saturday, May 28 through Monday, Sept. 5 for platform reconstruction and station modernization. During that time, Metro will provide free shuttle buses along three convenient routes and offer free customer parking at all closed stations.
- There will be no Orange Line service between Stadium-Armory and New Carrollton stations from May 28-Sept. 5.
- Orange Line service will operate between Vienna and Stadium-Armory stations.
- Local service between New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Ave stations every 15-20 minutes.
- Express service between New Carrollton, Landover and Stadium-Armory stations every 10-15 minutes.
- Express service between Deanwood, Minnesota Ave and Stadium-Armory stations every 10-15 minutes.