For immediate release: January 23, 2023
Metro seeks community input on strategic transformation plan #YourMetro, The Way ForwardMetro is inviting customers to provide feedback on the transit agency’s draft multi-year strategic transformation plan, #YourMetro, The Way Forward. The draft plan is an opportunity for Metro to gather input and comments from customers on priorities that are important to the region.
During the public comment period, customers and stakeholders can express their viewpoints on the strategic plan’s goals and objectives and learn more about Metro’s initiatives. #YourMetro, The Way Forward was developed by Metro’s Board of Directors and management through direct input from Metro customers, staff, and regional stakeholders through various public engagement forums.
The plan focuses on activating Metro’s four goals:
- Service excellence: Deliver safe, reliable, convenient, accessible, equitable, and enjoyable services for all customers
- Talented teams: Attract, develop, and retain top talent where individuals feel valued, supported, and proud of their contributions
- Regional opportunity and partnership: Design transit service to serve more people and equitably connect a growing region
- Sustainability: Manage resources responsibly to achieve a sustainable operating, capital, and environmental model
Metro encourages customers to participate in the public process by providing input online or participating in the public hearing on Thursday, February 9. Click here to read the proposed plan.
How to provide feedback:
- Take a survey, provide written comments, or upload documents here by 5 p.m. Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
- Attend a public hearing on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. You can participate in person, online or by phone.
- In-person at: Northern Virginia Transportation Commission, 2300 Wilson Blvd., First Floor Conference Room, Arlington, VA. Nearest Metro station: Court House (Orange and Silver lines). If you wish to provide testimony in person, we encourage you to pre-register by emailing email@example.com or calling (202) 962-2511 by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 8, 2023. Please submit only one speaker’s name per request. Metro staff will be on-site at 6 p.m. to answer questions before the public hearing.
- By video: To participate via video, advance registration is required. You can pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
- By phone: To participate by phone: call 855-925-2801 during the public hearing, enter meeting code 4773, and press *3 to be placed into the speaker queue. No advance registration is available for those participating by phone.
If you do not want to provide testimony but still want to watch or listen to the public hearing, you may watch or listen to the virtual public hearing live at YouTube.com/MetroForward and wmata.com/strategicplan or by calling 855-925-2801, meeting code 4773.
Feedback from the public hearing will be provided to Metro's Board of Directors as part of the decision-making process to adopt the final plan.