Metro Service Information for Presidents Day, Monday, February 15
On Presidents Day, Monday, February 15, Metrorail will open at 5 a.m. and close at 11 p.m., operating on a modified weekday schedule. Metrobus service will vary by route, with buses running on a Saturday schedule. MetroAccess customers may make a reservation to travel on the holiday; however, subscription trips will be canceled.
- Metrorail will open at 5 a.m. and close at 11 p.m.
- Trains every 12 minutes on all lines during daytime hours. After 7 p.m. trains every 15 minutes on the Red Line and 20 minutes on all other lines.
- Free shuttle buses replace trains between Braddock Rd and National Airport, due to signal upgrades for the future Potomac Yard Metro Station. Yellow Line trains will operate in two segments:
- Huntington to Braddock Rd
- National Airport to Greenbelt
- Franconia Springfield and Van Dorn St stations closed for power system upgrades. Free shuttle buses provided. View the weekend track work page for additional service details.
- Addison Rd and Arlington Cemetery stations closed for the next phase of the multi-year Platform Improvement Project that runs continuously through Sunday, May 23. Read here for details and travel alternatives.
- Off-peak fares will be in effect all day and parking will be free at all Metro-owned parking facilities.
- Buses will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Service varies by route, check timetables for details.
- All subscription trips will be canceled Monday.
- Customers wishing to travel on the holiday should make a separate reservation online (text only) or by calling 301-562-5360 (TTY 301-588-7535)
In addition, Metro's customer information line and customer relations call centers will be closed on the holiday. Automated information is available 24/7 by calling (202) 637-7000 or online at wmata.com.