Metro to open at 6 a.m., Sunday, October 22, for Marine Corps Marathon
will open two hours early -- at 6:00 a.m. -- on Sunday, October 22, for
the 42nd annual Marine Corps Marathon. To accommodate high ridership, Metro will operate extra Blue and Yellow Line trains
the day of the event.
- The closest Metrorail station to the start of the race is Pentagon Station on the Blue and Yellow lines. To accommodate the large crowds expected for the start of the race Pentagon Station will be exit only until 8:30 a.m.
- To avoid crowding at Pentagon Station with riders traveling to the start line, consider using Pentagon City instead.
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed Sunday until approximately 8:30 a.m.
Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Mt Vernon Sq from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m.; and additional Blue Line trains will operate between Franconia-Springfield and Stadium-Armory from 6 a.m. until 9 a.m. and from 11:15 a.m. until 4:15 p.m.
- The closest Metrorail stations for the start of the MCM 10K on the National Mall are Archives and L'Enfant Plaza.
- Please take note of service changes on the Red Line.
- Metro recommends purchasing a SmarTrip card in advance loaded with enough value for the entire day to avoid long lines. SmarTrip cards can be purchased at fare vending machines located at station entrances.
sign-up for MetroAlerts to receive service updates.
Pentagon Bus Terminal - Due to the event, all Metrobus service that normally operates to/from the Pentagon will be diverted to Pentagon City on Saturday, October 21, until 2 p.m. to accommodate the MCM Kids Run and all-day Sunday. Additional staff will be on hand at Pentagon City Station to assist bus customers.
Rosslyn Bus Terminal - All Metrobus service will be relocated from the Rosslyn Bus Terminal to Oak Street from 4 a.m. until approximately 6 p.m. to accommodate the MCM Finish Festival.
Marine Corps Marathon website